PUNE UNPLUGGED - 3
07 -16 October 2011
Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture has been promoting Pune region’s trade, Investment and institutional links with the rest of the world. Over the years we have attracted and promoted ties with Multinational companies in our region.
We would like to intensify our engagement with the Expatriate community in Pune with a series of initiatives aimed at promoting a much greater degree of assimilation and integration among people across nationalities. We would also like to introduce various facets of Indian culture to the ever growing expatriate community in Pune.
As a major step in this direction, the Chamber had organised PUNE UNPLUGGED in 2009 and 2010. Going by the response from the expatriate community, we have decided to make it an annual feature. Pune Unplugged 3.0 will be organized during 7-16 October 2011. To enable maximum number of entrepreneurs and working professionals to attend the events, we have decided to organise the evening events on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
The Platinum Sponsor for Pune Unplugged 3.0 is Volkswagen India Private Ltd.The Events are being supported by Indo-German Chamber of Commerce, British Business Group, Goethe Institute, Alliance Franchise de Pune, Intach-Pune Chapter, Women's International Club, Pune Expat Club, Pune Jazz Club, Pune Football Club, Lexagent Expatriate Relocations, Everything Expats, Ethnosynth Consulting, Prelocate Intercultural Training, The Punekar and many others.
This year, We will organize series of events focused on
1. Football Matches and Demonstration of some traditional Indian Sports (Saturday 08 October 2011)
2. Treasure Hunt (Sunday 9 October 2011) – Pre Lunch Session
3. Indian and other Cuisine Demonstrations (Monday 10-Thursday 13 October 2011)
4. Dutch Evening hosted by the Consulate General of the Netherlands (Friday 14 October 2011)
5. Dances featuring various facets of Diwali celebrations in India (Saturday 15 October 2011)
This year, we will be combining Pune Unplugged with :
1. Oktoberfest organized by Indo-German Chamber of Commerce (7-9 October 2011)
2. Flimmer Billy – A German Play on Handling TV (in English Language) by GRIPs Theater Berlin, organized by Maxmueller Bhavan (Saturday 08 October 2011) for children from 10-14 age group
3. Jazz Festival organized by Pune Jazz Club (15-16 October 2011)
We are giving the details in the following pages. They are also available on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pune-Unplugged
We request you to reserve the dates for participating in these important events. We also request you to advise your team members and their families to attend the PUNE UNPLUGGED events in large number. For details please log on to : www.pune-unplugged.com
There are no charges for participation. However, prior registration will be desired in order to reserve your seats.
In case you need any further details, you may advise your officials to contact the MCCIA secretariat -Mrs. Vinaya Ingale (email : email@example.com) tel : 25709180
Mrs. Madhura Chipade(email : firstname.lastname@example.org, tel :25709213)
Mr. S. H. Kopardekar (email :email@example.com, tel : 25709211)
The Planned Events for PUNE UNPLUGGED 2010 are :
Day and Date
Friday 07 October 2011
1. Oktoberfest organized by IGCC - 2:00 p.m. onwards at Race Course, Pune - Members’ Enclosure (payment of Rs 160 per head from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. except for members of RWITC). If you come after 6:00 p.m., entrance is free, but you must carry your Confirmation Email with you. Dress Code is smart casual - no short pants and no slippers and open sandals. Children are allowed. For participation in the Oktoberfest, please email your names and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org, tel : 020-4104 7100. You will receive a return Confirmation Email that you should carry to the venue. Please note that the timings for the event are from 2 PM to 11 PM.
Saturday 08 October 2011
1. Football Matches and Demonstration of Indian Sports (Kabaddi and Kho-Kho) from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Police Ground, Shivajinagar, Pune
Participating teams will be : Pune Football Club, International Football Club, Pune Expat Club for regular teams and International Schools for under 16 years age group.
Attendance is free but registration is welcome (Please contact : Mr. S. H. Kopardekar, MCCIA –email : email@example.com, tel : 25709211, Mrs. Vinaya Ingale, MCCIA – email : firstname.lastname@example.org, tel : 25709180 Mrs. Madhura Chipade – email : email@example.com , 25709213)
2. Flimmer Billy- A Play in English on Handling TV, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. performed by GRIPS Theatre, organized by Maxmueller Bhavan (for children above 10 years and their parents) at Auditorium of The Orchid School, Baner - Mhalunge Road, Baner,Pune 411045 Tel: + 91 20 65007681, 66202702
2. Participation is free, but registration is required. For confirmations, please contact Maxmueller Bhavan, tel : 020-26161042 / 26164945 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday 09 October 2011
1 1. Treasure Hunt based on select heritage sites in Pune – Pre Lunch session (details being finalized)
2. Oktoberfest organized by IGCC - 2:00 p.m. onwards at Race Course, Pune – Members’ Enclosure Please note that the timings for the event are from 2 PM to 11 PM. Payment of Rs 210 per head from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. except for members of RWITC. If you come after 6:00 PM, entrance is free, but you must carry your Confirmation Email with you. Dress Code is smart casual - no short pants and no slippers and open sandals. Children are allowed. For participation in the Oktoberfest, please email your names and contact details to email@example.com, tel : 020-4104 7100. You will receive a return Confirmation Email that you should carry to the venue.
Monday 10 – Thursday 13 October 2011 - Cooking Demonstrations
Monday 10 October 2011 – Four Points by Shereton – 11:30 a.m.
Nagar Road, Viman Nagar, Pune Tel: 20 39406699
Tuesday 11 October 2011 - Ista Hotel, Nagar Road, Pune
Wednesday 12 October 2011 – Vivanta by Taj Blue Diamond, Pune
Thursday 13 October 2011- Red Carpet Hotel & Culinary Academy- Select Cuisine with the Masters of cookery (Max 40 pax) - www.redcarpetacademy.com
· Highly Interactive- 4 persons to a cooking station
· Competition- The same ingredients, the same process….different people cook differently!
· World Class Academy
Friday 14 October 2011
1. A Seminar on Doing Business with the Netherlands from 7:00 p.m. followed by
2. A Dutch Evening organised by the Consulate General of the Netherlands
at Pune Marriott Hotel and Convention Centre, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune (starts around 7:45 p.m.)
Saturday 15 October 2011
1. Diwali Display of Decorative Items and Food, Traditional Wear of Maharashtra/ from 5:00 p.m. onwards – Free attendance (Food items for on the spot consumption/take away parcels on payment basis)
2. A Dance Evening by Ms. Rujuta Soman and her Group, focusing on Diwali through the Dances at Symbiosis International University Auditorium– Viman Nagar, Pune at 7:00 p.m. followed by Diwali Light show – Free attendance
3. Jazz Festival by Pune Jazz Club from 6:00 p.m. onwards at Amphitheater-Ishanya Mall (payment of Rs. 1000 or Rs 800 or Rs 500 (depending on the Category) per head to be paid at Ishanya / Pune Jazz Club) email : firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sunday 16 October 2011 -5:00 p.m. onwards
1. Jazz Festival by Pune Jazz Club at Amphitheater-Ishanya Mall (payment of Rs. 1000 or Rs 800 or Rs 500 (depending on the Category) to be paid at Ishanya / Pune Jazz Club email : email@example.com)